- Bitter gourd – 2 cups
- Ginger – 1 Tsp
- Green chilli – 5 nos
- Grated coconut – 2 cups
- Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 Tsp
- Curd – 1.5 cups
- Curry Leaves – few
- Mustard – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli – 2 Nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Cut cleaned bitter Gourd in semi circle.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry bitter gourd.
- Grind grated coconut with mustard and cumin seeds.
- Cook fried bitter gourd with coconut paste and 1.5 cups of water.
- Add chopped ginger, slit green chillies and salt.
- When the gravy thickens, add beaten curd to this.
- Adjust salt & switch off the flame.
- Temper pachadi with mustard seeds, dried red chillies & curry leaves.
- Serve with rice & sambar.