Long Beans Stir Fry / Payar Mezhukkupuratti
Write a review
- Long beans - 15 beans
- Shallots or onion - 6 nos/ 1 (chopped)
- Coconut grated - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 Tsp
- Dried red chillies - 2 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coconut oil - 2 Tbsp
- Cut the long beans into small pieces.
- Heat a wok and add 1 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil. Splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves and crushed red chillies.
- Add chopped shallots, salt, and stir fry till it turns translucent.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Add cut long beans, salt and sprinkle some water.
- Mix well and cook covered till the beans become tender.
- Add grated coconut, stir fry till the coconut turns golden in colour.
- Drizzle half Tbsp of coconut oil and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.
Safnas Cookbook http://www.safnascookbook.com/