- Boiled Rice(Ukda rice) – 300 gram
- Cashew nuts – 200 gram
- Peanut – 100 gram
- Grated Coconut – 1 no
- Jaggery (Gud) – 300 gram
- Clean the rice in running water and drain it.
- Heat a kadai & roast it till golden brown in colour.
- Popping of the rice stops when it is ready.
- Similarly, dry roast cashews & peanuts.
- Remove peanut skin and allow this to cool.
- Grind cashews, rice & peanuts separately.
- Melt jaggery with 1/4 cup of water.
- Sieve rice powder to remove coarse pieces out.
- Add ground cashew, peanut & coconut to this.
- Add melted jaggery and mix everything nicely.
- Take Modak mould and start shaping it.
- Our yummy jaggery modak is ready.