- Drumstick Stir Fry / Muringakka Thoran2017-07-25 03:59:24Serves 5Kerala special thoranWrite a reviewPrep Time15 minCook Time15 minTotal Time30 minPrep Time15 minCook Time15 minTotal Time30 minIngredients
- Drumstick / Muringakka - 4 nos (cut into lengthwise)
- Grated Coconut - half of a coconut
- Green chilies - 4 nos
- Shallots - 5 nos
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Fennel seeds - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 stalk
Safnas Cookbook http://www.safnascookbook.com/
- Half cook drumstick pieces with turmeric, salt and a little water.Keep this aside.
- Take coconut, green chillies, garlic, fennel seeds, shallots, salt in a jar and coarsely grind this mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add coconut mixture along with half cooked drumstick pieces.
- Keep stirring till all the water is gone and dry.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.