Vaaav, the look itself is yummy, Isn’t. This is Dahi Puri Chaat, originated from the ever great city of Mumbai, Maharashtra and one of the most sold items in Mumbai streets. Chaat masala is originally from North India, mainly Uttar Pradesh but then people made different variants of chaat. Dahi Puri is one among that which I liked most. This is the most tasteful one in all chaats. In Mumbai, if anybody goes out for shopping etc. nobody will come back home without having some sort of chaat items or the main snack item of the common working class people. You cannot see a street in Mumbai without a chaat wala. Dahipuri is not only famous in Maharashtra, but also a common item ordered by all chaat lovers all over India. Now this has been a favourite snack item in South India also. Dahi means curd in Hindi and Batata is Marathi word for potatoes.
- Puris – 50
- Cooked mashed potatoes – 1 cup
- Boiled mixed sprouts – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 1/2 cup
- Mint coriander chutney – 1/2 cup
- Tamarind dates chutney – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Sev (Fried chickpea noodles) – 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp(finely chopped)
- Chaat masala powder – 1 Tsp
- Black salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 Tsp
- Mash the potatoes and add salt, red chili powder. Mix it well.
- Mix chopped onions to this potato mixture.
- Mix curd with sugar, salt and beat it well.
- Bring all ingredients together and arrange puris on a plate.
- Crack a hole in the middle of each puri and add mashed potatoes, sprouts inside each puri.
- Add mint coriander chutney, tamarind dates chutney and curd in each puri.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, chaat masala on top and add sev.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve immediately.