shawarma is an Arabic preparation where grilled meat, vegetables, sauces spread on top of pita bread and wrapped into rolls.It can also be served in plates.Here I made chicken without grilling and used french fries, some vegetables, sauces, pan fried chicken as the filling.You can make many variations of this sandwich with salty cucumber pickle, roasted vegetables, grilled chicken etc.Everyone must try this easy and delicious shawarma.
- Boneless chicken – 1 cup
- Paprika powder – 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Parsley – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Arabic mix masala – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Lettuce – 1/2 cup
- Yoghurt – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Warm water – 1/4 cup
- French fries – 1 cup
- Tomato sauce – 3 tbsp
- Pitas or kuboos – 3 nos
- Sesame seeds – 50 g
- olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat a thick bottomed pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame seeds.
- Stir frequently until it becomes golden brown and be careful not to burnt.
- After cooling, add this to a food processor along with olive oil and grind this to a paste.
- You can add more olive oil until you reach the desired consistency.
- Clean the chicken pieces and cut into small pieces.Remove water from chicken using kitchen napkins, so that the marinade will coat uniformly without becoming watery.
- Marinade chicken with paprika powder, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, Arabic masala, salt and keep this for at least 4 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and put chicken pieces.Fry this for 8-10 minutes until done.
- To make the sauce, combine tahini paste with yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic paste and warm water.
- Lightly toast pitas in a tawa on each side and place 1 pita on a butter paper or aluminium foil or plate.
- Spread sauce on pita and top with lettuce, cabbage and capsicum.
- Top with chicken pieces, french fries, tomato sauce and roll in aluminium foil or sandwich wrap to keep intact.