Chicken Bhuna Masala
Spicy bhuna masala
Write a review
- Boneless chicken - 500 gms (cut into small strips)
- Onion - 2 nos (finely chopped)
- Tomato puree - out of 3 nos
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 Tsp
- Chilli - 2 nos
- Yoghurt - 1 cup
- Almond powder - 2 Tbsp
- Garam masala - 1 Tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 Tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 Tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Marinate chicken pieces with yoghurt, salt, red chilli powder. Keep this aside for minimum 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add sliced onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomato puree, sliced chillies.
- Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add all spice powders and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and cook it covered for 8 minutes.
- Open the lid and mix almond powder, coriander leaves.
- Let the gravy thickens and switches off the flame after that.
- Serve hot with Appam, Chapati or Roti
- Marinating chicken overnight helps to soften the chicken pieces and coat the masala evenly over the chicken.
- can substitute almond powder with cashew powder.
Safnas Cookbook http://www.safnascookbook.com/